I need to follow my heart.

Jul 3, 2008

MOODS in recent days

IN LABORATORY

Today is July 3rd, and it is the end of the first year of graduate. Nothing valuable enough arouses my appreciation when in retrospect.

All what I have been in inquiry of is analysis of netflow, which aims to classify categories of data stream torrenting in local network area, such as MSN, QQ and Xunlei, to just name a few. Nevertheless, progress is hard, and present circumstance seems boggled in morass, though Doctor Liu has been eager to hear encouraging news all the time.

Unfortunately, I am afraid that further progress would beyond my reach, in respect that almost six months were exhausted only to solve the analysis of MSN, E-Mail and BT. Indeed, I feel that my ability does not equal my limited ambition.

Another idea lingering over my mind is one that may opposite wishes of my mentor: I want to publish a paper while bosses seem to be delighted to see me being busy with projects. The reason why I mention that idea is that a released paper may help when I will apply graduate department late this year or next year.

OF MY LIFE

A novel called The Book Thief, ordered in Joyo-Amazon website, arrived the day before yesterday. That book is ranked 1st best-seller in 2007 by TIME, and some other polls did the same ranking. Did Tuan Tuan once buy the Chinese edition of The Book Thief? I forgot about it.

This is the first time when I read original English book; more exactly, English textbooks perused in classes should be obviated. Until now, I have finished the introduction part and part 1: The Grave Digger's Handbook. Albeit I have comprehensibly extended my glossary, a few words in that book still unfamiliar to me. Sometimes, I cannot pinpointly catch the essence of paragraphs in spite that I recognize every word in each sentence.

LUCUBRATING

IBT is on Sep. 6th. A month was dawdled after I finished GRE test. Now only two months are left to me for preparing IBT. Mike says he is a person who is not resigned to be content with mediocrity, but neither resolved to lucubrate. In my observation, this indolence manifests the instinct of human beings. Not only does Mike, but also common populace like me are struggling against that instinct.

Inertia is ineria, and I can not take it as a excuse, since the person who takes test is me, not anyone else.

No comments: