I need to follow my heart.

Sep 10, 2008

Topic 35

35. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Attending a live performance (for example, a play, concert, or sporting event) is more enjoyable than watching the same event on television. Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion.

ATTENDING A LIVE PERFORMANCE GIVES MORE THAN TELEVISION

In my opinion, I strongly agree with the statement that attending live performances is quite more enjoyable and exciting than watching the same events on television or listening through radio. There are numerous advantages of going to a live performance, while watching television cannot offer us things equal to those special benefits.

As a threshold matter, attending a live performance gives me a peculiar feeling which I cannot get when I watch television. For instance, I attended the opening ceremony of the 29th Olympic Games which was held last month. When I was sitting in the national stadium -- Bird's Nest, where the ceremony was celebrated, the whole vehement atmosphere created by numerous people screaming together completely shocked me. At that time, I sang together with other people and kept swaying national flag in my hand. I even didn't feel a little tired at all. Furthermore, when the torch was lit at the last moment, I felt that hearts of all athletes from every country are linked together. However, when I reviewed the opening ceremony next day at home by watching television, that feelings didn't come into my mind.

Secondly, when going to a live performance, spectators will not be restricted by perspectives of cameras, which is a main shortcoming of watching television at home. For instance, take the most recent show in theater. The singer was chanting at the center of the circle and person around me were singing together with the star. This scenario was made up of a whole cubic surrounding, which could only be experienced by attending it. I could see and hear anything I want to. For instance, I know how excited and ardent of persons in my neighbor seats. Nevertheless, if watching live concert at home or other personal places, these feelings would surely be over us.

Thirdly, attending to live performance could offer good opportunities to contact with our stars within a short distance. For instance, if I could go to Michael Jackson's live performance, I might be extremely fortunate to be chosen as a lucky person and have the chance to communicate with Jackson face to face, which is impossible if I watch the same live rendering at home. As a result, I would be better able to understand what kind of person my idol really is. Moreover, only taking a photo with Jackson would make me sleepless over several days. Nevertheless, watching television far from the venue where concerts are held merely makes me jealous towards the person who would be me.

In summary, there are a myriad of benefits of going to a live performance, such as vehement feeling, opportunities of getting a signature of popular stars, and so forth. To the contrary, watching television or hearing on radio could not offer such beautiful things.

No comments: