I need to follow my heart.

Feb 1, 2008

why so cold?

I just don't know why people in hometown can stand this cold weather. There is no central heating system, and air conditioner seems useless.

My country is experiencing the worst snowstorms since the past 40 or 50 years. But thanks to god, matters such as power failure or warter problems have not happened so far. A postgraduate classmate of mine told me that she had not watched TV, seen running water from the tap or using cell phone in home for three days because several days' bad weather had destroyed plenty of infrastructures. In Guangzhou railway station, about 400,000 persons are in dilema.

What a terrible thing! I cannot imagine what to do even just in the case of three days' network access denied. Nevertheless, we have to face up with this tough situation. According to the weather forecast, another snowstorm is coming. I may find everything in white after getting up tomorrow.

However, the snowstorms also bring me the benefits. For instance, Kaspersky has offered free serial numbers to people who live in the mainland of China as a response to this emergency.

No comments: