I need to follow my heart.

Jul 31, 2008

Topic 71

71. Which would you choose: a high-paying job with long hours that would give you little time with family and friends or a lower-paying job with shorter hours that would give you more time with family and friends? Explain your choice, using specific reasons and details.
LOWER-PAYING JOB WITH MORE TIME ON FAMILY IS BETTER

As for me, I will definitely choose the latter, a lower-paying occupation with shorter working time. Though the former kind of profession can offer a quite optimistic salary, little time with family and friends is a too high cost, in my opinion. What I value most primarily relates to leisure time with my parents, relatives and comrades.

As a threshold matter, spending considerable time in communicating to my parents makes me feel much more relaxed than concentrating on work for quite a long period. As a common sense, it has a couple of benefits to talk to parents or friends. For instance, friends' valuable advice on how to weather a hard time can ease my tense nerve and encourage me to confront with it. Moreover, since our fathers and mothers have experienced quite more than us, they can teach us how to walk out of marshes / swamps / morasses.

Secondly, to share TV, or to read novels with our own offspring is also extremely desired by them, which surely benefits their growing up. Consider, for example, my experiences when I was a teenager. My father had a relatively easy job, and he usually came home early after work. When we had dinner around a table, my family conferred everything happened in daylight, which made us feel highly happy. To the contrary, a child without sufficient care from his or her parents or adult relatives may grow up to be a freaky person, or even an antisocial one.

Thirdly, someone may point out that only by earning enough money can a person manage to support his or her family. Nevertheless, in my observation, it is of no meaning to focus on jobs exclusively. For example, a tight work schedule may pose harm effects on health. Some people even have to stay in hospital to receive curing because they overlook their body's needs. Besides, little time with family means that a person cannot budget his or her time, and may possibly ignore taking part in activities hold by friends. In the long run, it may make him or her alienated.

In summary, I will manage to successfully plan my private life on condition that I am in a lower-paying position with shorter hours. To the contrast, a busier job will disturb me in several aspects: such as health, soul, and so forth. Then, finally, I would definitely choose a lower-paying career with enough free time.

No comments: